View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 02:16 AM

Years Playing: 1.8
Throwing Style: LHBH
First attempts...

Ok here are my first two attempts on dyeing my discs.

For the triforce i used a yellow blizzard champion Ape, the dye seemed to be a little on the green side, idk if it was from the disc itself being transparent yellow or if dye wasnt mixed well.

I was gonna try to marble it so the triforce had depth but since the dye was lookin a little green and see through i just left it as is.

Question on this one is was my dye not hot enough or did it need to sit even longer to come out a darker black? Also, any critiques on this disc?

Second disc is a red first run Discwing Quarter K that i put the thundercat symbol on, i heard the quarter ks dont take dye too well but this one did decent, main issue i had was that i accidentally threw out the negative part of the stencil i needed to keep so i dug it out of trash and unstuck itself and applied it which led to some spots to bleed. Which i wasnt too worried about cuz i inteded on tryin the marble technique.

The second pic of the disc is after i tried to marble it... i think i used too much dye on the shopping bags and maybe too much pressure as it didnt leave much of a design and just looks like a bad leak job. Any critiques on this one? And any tips on using the marble method?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg triforce2.jpg (77.1 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg tcat1.jpg (70.4 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg tcat2.jpg (72.0 KB, 43 views)