View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 06:41 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 44
Trophy only top 3, rest of entry fee goes to the club to help pay for the event. Lower am entry fees to promote more people coming out. Reduce/remove players packs aside from big tournies with cool stamped discs.

If every TD would do it, the turnout would still be good. It would reduce sandbagging(down) might increase open playing, but no open player will mind the shot at winning extra cash.

I am a big fan of end of year prizes for ams. Have a basket drawing for anyone who attends every event of the series. Have a basket for the winner in points at end of year, or merchant voucher for a well stocked vendor. Or entry into a bigger tourney (charlotte ams, Bg Ams?, GBO, memorial?,other big am events across the country.)

I still have trophies from my waterskiing days. Spend $40 for 2 short runs, maybe 10min on the water. No cash winning, no voucher, nothing but pride in knowing I kicked ass and a trophy proving I did it! I didn't care where it went(probably to gas up the boats, and maintenance on the equipment) it was all about trying to beat others in competition.