View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 07:01 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gennataos View Post
The thing about the wraps is I don't have pain when I play...I generally feel better while playing. After 30 minutes or so after throwing, though, a dull ache sets back in.

Thanks for all of the input, everyone! I do think I'm just going to take some time off throwing lefty until the elbow heals.
I understand, the pain didn't set in for me until the end of the round or even later also. Before the elastic sleeve I had to take an Aleve or other painkiller either before the round or immediately after to avoid discomfort. Now I can do without 95% of the time , and if I've been throwing thumber more than usual I simply ice the arm as soon as I get home, and no painkillers needed. I understand your reluctance though. I hate wearing a knee brace under my goalie equipment when I play hockey due to the way it feels, but again, the payoff is less pain and reduced risk to an already weakened joint so I suck it up and deal. For less than the price of a disc, what do you have to lose?

Link to the one I use. It's way more comfortable than neoprene, and just as effective: http://www.mcdavidusa.com/Product/51...e_elastic.aspx