Old 02-01-2013, 07:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 101
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by prerube View Post
Fair enough.
I never flamed you in the chains threads for what it is worth.
New013 is a self professed troll, he is here to debate (much like myself most of the time) He will give you attitude, but he goes away if you dont feed him
Maybe I misread your statements, but I felt you were belittling the copter cam as a toy, with no viable use on a large commericial stage. Maybe I took your comments wrong.
All good, water under the bridge.

The express version of my critique of the technique is that the technology as it stands now doesn't allow for an efficient workflow in shooting disc golf tournaments. It mainly boils down to money, for disc golf is it's not financially feasible across the board. You either need a larger crew or more expensive equipment in order to be properly efficient enough to shoot this type of event in a way that will cut together and sell.

On a calm, slow day on the course where you've got the time and are not restricted by tournament-play it's awesome. You'll get some sick shots for sure (as the flyboy vids proved).

If I were assigning fault it would be only 10-15% on the copter/camera mount itself. It's predominantly the logistics of tournaments and the limitations of the cameras used. You'll be compromising somewhere along the line if you don't have the $$ to invest.