View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 05:36 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 99
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by prerube View Post
I was not thinking so much about live footage. I was thinking footage that could be edited into a DVD or internet broadcast. I guess I need to get more information before I can comment confidently on its live broadcast abilities. I know it has been used, but I do not know the extent it was used, the results (other than what has been posted)or the difficulties experienced.
Sorry - I'm not being clear here, let me re-phrase. When I'm saying "live" I mean the event itself is live, as in no second takes, no control over the action. Even if the footage is edited or time-delayed it would still be a live event...for example Clash DVD's and/or Tournament DVD's are live whereas Disc Golf Instructional DVD's would not be.

It's a very interesting dichotomy, and different skillsets as well as instinct-sets apply if you're camera operating or producing one type of video as opposed to the other...which is why efficient piloting combined with efficient shooting in an environment you don't control with no chance for second takes makes it a tough tool to implement because people with those high-level skillsets rarely come cheap.

Now...in Flyboy's case they have a unique opportunity, and hopefully they can utilize it to make their own distinct flavor of videos, like a "signature" camera shot.