Thread: [MVP] MVP Shock
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 05:42 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 811rv View Post
Parting Line Height, some pages back in this thread, you will see profile pix of Shock and Volt and you will see that Shock's PLH (i.e. edge of nose) is bit higher than Volt. In MVP driver's case, higher PLH tends to be more stable. You can put discs on i.e. table and see differences in PLH.

Do you have OAT issues? Some OAT in throw might turn disc over than expected.
OK, I might check the PLH out to learn more about Disc shapes. I will admit when I got the Amp, I thought that the rim felt pretty heavy and thick to be understable. But when I got the Shock, I though that it felt kind of light and slim to overstable. But I don't think I threw them any differently.

I haven't filmed myself driving, or gone to classes to get feedback on my form. So I can't really say if I suffer from Off Axis Torque. I'm sure at some level I have that problem, or I would be getting better scores. Could certainly be that that is why these discs don't behave how I would expect. But at least in the case of the Amp, I think the particular disc I got in the early white batch was not quite right. Because I should be able to turn that over. I could turn over a 175 g Rampage better than that one :P