Thread: Grip's 13ag
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 05:43 PM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 21
Throwing Style: RHBH
The PD is nice for sure, but OLFs are my cup'o'tea. I'm a turn+fade [Eagle] kinda player - not the lazer straight TB/PD style. Woods don't exactly allow straight lines lol; That said, I didn't list my OLFs because I haven't used them for the past dozen or so rounds and aren't sure what to do with them. I barely get more distance out of them compared to my QJs, and have more control of the slower fairway (obviously). I also cannot justify selling my OLFs, so I'm kind of between a rock and hard place - I'm sure I'd use them more if I played more open courses.

I've tossed both the Sword and the DD a few times each, not enough to truly evaluate though. I've came to the conclusion I hate the unpredictability of wide rims and only throw my Flow and Rampage less than twice a round each. On my home course I only throw the Flow on Hole #15, and if throwing from the short tee I'll only use it if the basket is NOT in the (A) position [by the single tree you see]. I'll throw the Rampage in the same exact situation if the wind is howling, or once in a blue moon when I need to throw some type of "trick shot" involving a skip or cutting down trees Otherwise, a Banshee and a JLS gets me more than enough distance anywhere on any course.

TL;DR: I do throw OLFs, I just didn't list them in my bag since I haven't been using them recently.