View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 09:12 PM

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 143
Course Design Validation Elements

This Question is mainly for Chuck, but if other people have ideas please feel free to chime in.

I found this program/spreadsheet, which I believe you created, and have been using it to keep track of courses/holes I've designed.

I have found it to be very useful and also quite fun (I love stats). One issue I've always had though is wind... A hole can play much harder if there are strong prevailing winds in the area. Is this a program that you personally still use? Have you given any thought to including a way to adjust for wind? What I've for now done is tweak the OB numbers to help compensate for the difficulty added by the wind. For me, most of the holes with string wind are also right along the ocean or water anyways, so the wind does usually cause more throws to go OB. See holes 6, 8, 10, and 12 on the attachment.

Another question about OB. On par 4's or 5's where there are multiple chances to throw OB (think hole 5 at Winthrop Gold) how do you count that in the program? If you have 20 people that play the hole and 8 throw OB but 3 of them throw OB twice do you count that as 8 or 11?

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AMP Validation Spreadsheet.jpg (93.0 KB, 43 views)