View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 06:43 PM

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 137
I had no idea the spreadsheet was private. Like I said, I don't even remember where I found it so I'm sorry for stirring the pot. So I'm assuming that you believe using wind is "dicey" because of the inconsistency of that particular element. Makes sense, though in areas with trade winds and wet/dry windy/calm seasons I think the wind is often the #1 challenge.

Moving on though, what about low ceilings? Obviously a low ceiling on a hole can make a huge difference, especially if there's no option to go up and over and "plinko" back down. For example, on a 300 ft hole where many top players would usually throw a mid-range disc or maybe even a putter, a low ceiling would force them to club up. Now there disc will probably have a greater chance of skipping off the green and leaving them with a harder putt. So in a way, while the distance is the same, the hole actually plays longer. What kind of thought do you usually give to that, and do you adjust your hole distances when dealing with low ceilings?

Thanks.