View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 05:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 59
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave242 View Post
Interesting. You believe that using "More Stable" to mean "More Overstable" is the old school way? I thought the other way around as it seems all the old timers I know are the opposite.......and it is mainly the newer players that use it that way.

I am also wondering (as I mentioned upthread) how much of a regional thing this whole thing is.

Both Toro71 and I are from Charlotte (I moved to IL 4.5 years ago). It was Jonathon Poole (of Innova) who explained discs flight terminology to me to begin with (in 2000).

I do not play with other people in IL, but have played some league action in Milwaukee and the guys I have discussed and bought discs from there are older school (Terry Miller & Mark Peterson)....and I do not remember them talking about discs differently than I do.
Didn't realize you were originally from Crown Town, nice. I've noticed, living here, as a transplant city, I've heard people use both 'versions' of 'stable.' The guy that really turned me on to DG, in fact, when I asked a stability question, was careful to basically tell me 'it depends on who you ask' and then answered my question in specifics, and avoided "stable," "more stable," etc.

This is Innova country, fo sho. A couple of the Innova guys here went to my HS. They have a presence in CDGC, etc. My guess is that CLT is a "stable=straight" town because of this.