Thread: workout
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrot42 View Post
What about pull ups? Hits lats, back,core,(especially w/ knee raise) grip strength forearms, shoulders and chest. Just saying. Stretching is something I will add into my routine. Appreciate your advice
Pull-ups are definitely good for all of those things, i was only thinking of other things you could add in on top too.

In fact, another thing you could try if you like pull-ups would be to use a hangboard for doing your pull-up exercises. A hangboard is a simulated rock-climbing board that you put over a doorway and can do pull-up and hanging exercises with. One of the reasons it is really good for disc sports is that it develops great contact strength in the fingers and develops the forearms in ways that other exercises didn't seem to do for me. It will make your grip much stronger with alot less effort and really improves the flick motion for forehand throws (noticeably more power on release of the disc). I started using a Metolius hangboard as training for ultimate frisbee back in college, and especially with forehand throws there is a very noticeable distance improvement.

Good luck!