View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 11:20 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 37
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by blammo View Post
Sounds exactly like my clear first run Russian CFR C-Line FD. I saw a production stamp C-FD at disc golf center recently that was also heavy and clear, very domey. You're probably right, leftovers from the first run. I've been hoarding spare flat ones just in case. If a new run ever comes out domey or flippy, I'll be prepared.

Have you thrown in yet? The domey ones aren't terrible, but they feel slower and flew more turn-then-fade for me.
i got mine from DGC, it was marked white, but fig it would be clear. i had this feeling it was not going to be right between the normal cfd and sfd despite the dome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scared_Discless View Post
Well, you could dye it a bright color.
i originally thought about this, maybe dyeing the inside of the circle stamp, but i think im going to leave it, and use it for night rounds, and taping glow bracelets to
Quote:
Originally Posted by whentherainscome View Post
I ordered a few spares, I'm hoping one but not all of them is domey. Something less o/s than the flats and less sensitive than the SFD's.
it may be a fat chance you get a domey but perhaps. i have found a good bit of difference in the max weight S and the 167 i had, perhaps that could be an option...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrain View Post
Just wanted to clarify before I order one, the stable/os wind fighters are the flat stiff C-FDs right?

Thanks,
CC
yes pretty much any cfd will handle wind, i was chucking mine in steady 25 and gusts of 50 with out much deviation from no wind.