View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 10:39 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 21.3
Courses Played: 53
When did they improve the shocks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
I've been away from the CPU for a bit so I haven't read much of this thread...Here is my quick review of the Shocks I received:

I have 2 early run Shocks and 2 "improved" Shocks which benefited from considerable tinkering on the part of MVP (that is going to have an impact on all of their drivers).

The two original Shocks fly a lot like my good Volts, only a bit straighter/more line-locking. I like them a lot as they are less affected by the wind than my Volts and because I've always been more a TB guy rather than an Eagle guy. Besides that they aren't incredibly impactful if you already have some Volts that you like.

The two new Shocks I received are a totally different animal...I'm not sure what Mike and ZJ are seeing with theirs as they have more power than I do, but I'm not getting any turn out of mine, even into the wind. I love these and they are honestly what I've been waiting for since before MVP ever even made a driver. They are VERY much like a good stable S or CPD for me, so far seemingly interchangeable. I used these in the wind today and they were awesome.

Over the past week I've gotten 2 packages from MVP...The new Shocks and the Tangents, and they are EXACTLY what I wanted most from them.

When did they tweak the shocks? dates might be good, as I may have to get another one, or two....