View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 10:40 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 37
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
Go see a doctor and get help. Motrin, shots, and physical therapy all help, but surgery is the only fix. Good luck man.

Surgery is not the only fix.
I've dealt with lower back degenerative issues since 2008, primarily having the flared disc press on my sciatic nerve creating terrible pain and discomfort all down my right side from butt to foot.
My last and worst flare up was just about a year ago from now and it was brutal. Took a while to get upright comfortably, and I didn't throw a disc for about 5 months while I got better.

Pain meds only mask the problem and create a whole set of new ones.
Epidural Injections worked for me a couple years ago, but had little help last year.
I was a phone call away from scheduling with an orthopedic surgeon when I decided to consult a chiropractor I know from church.
At 36 years of age I'm putting off surgery for as long as possible since it's no guarantee.

Decompression table, adjustments, and physical therapy had me relatively pain free within a month, after three months I was feeling great. Now I just have to be more careful, but I am still able to play a couple times a week.

Good luck, and get better.......multiple opinions are important.
Surgery may be your best option, but it should be a decision made after a lot of thought and input.