Well I've been rolling with my new cart & it's working out pretty well! I've been really trying to put it to the test. Not abusing
it but pushing it hard
to see what might break. Last week-end I had a blow-out on the course!
Luckily I was not in the middle of a tourney & I was relatively close to the parking lot.
Upon closer inspection I realised the plastic rim had broken & the tire rolled off the rim.
I went to a nearby gas station & bought some duct tape & patched the wheel back together so I could continue to play the rest of the day:
Later on when I got home I started looking for replacement wheels on eBay, etc. I needed to find a 6" wheel & there were many choices. I found a set of off-road tread, steel wheels with sealed bearings (my old wheels were not
sealed bearing). These were only $6 each:
The cart 'axle' is 8mm. The ID of the sealed bearings is 1/2" so I had to make a couple reducer sleeves
in the machine shop here at work:
The new wheels are installed & it's a lot more stable. Everything rolls a lot smoother now!