View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 10:09 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 189
Throwing Style: RHBH
I asked Chuck a similar question a few days ago. I do see what you are getting at and after reading that file you linked me too.......I would say that it there are two issues that will take time to help with these correlation coefficients. 1. Is as you mentioned.....Course design...."luck golf/tweener holes/bad design". Having clearer definitions that are practiced by "all" designers across the country is a work in progress. 2. IMO....and I'm sure Chuck can clear this up better than I, but is there really enough data to work with? I personally don't think so. If disc golf were as popular as baseball or golf for that matter, the numbers would be more "fine tuned" because you have more players. More players equals more data. You have a fifty fifty chance of getting heads or tails when flipping a coin. If you flip it 100 times I bet you never get 50/50 on the dot.......(more like 70/30 or 60/40). If you flip it a million times you will get closer and closer to that "50/50" on paper. Just my thoughts