View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 02:58 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: RHBH
I would consider starting AM2 but if you win move right up to advanced. It does feel good to win a division and there is nothing to keep you there after you win if you choose. Otherwise just play ADV where I'm sure you would be fine.

The talk about playing safe is huge. As a player with both forhand and backhand this IMO puts you at an advantage strategically. It allows a player to always play away from danger. A gap looks small and punishing? throw a forhand anhyzer into the ground (burry the ani as I call it) right in the middle of the fairway and keep making progress.

Other advice would be to try and play in your own world. The mantras in my head which lead to good tourney rounds are always, be patient, play your game, focus on the next shot, stay relaxed. Staying aloof and apart from other player's struggles, or particularly any you might encounter always seems like an advantage to me.

All too often I see things going slightly wrong for a player early in a tourney round only for them to never get playing well. If these players are a freind of mine I try to remind them quietly how many holes are left because I think the pressure to succeeded NOW distracts players from being their best. It's all about staying I've moment.

Last edited by Menacewarf; 03-04-2013 at 03:02 PM.