View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 04:40 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by inscho View Post
^^ It still amazes me how the Axis locks into a line and just propels. Huge fan of the disc. I've been playing more with the mids than anything else. True workhorse. Can't wait for the Tangent!
Yeah, I'm trying not to get too excited about the Axis after just one round, but if it continues to fly the way it did today, it fits my definition of a work horse mid. My Ibex has just a touch more fade than I want (although it is still very workable). And I still cannot get over how far this thing flew... I was in between 275-310 with it and my comfortable mid max is usually 265-280. And this was with a minimized run up as I had poor footing in the snow all day.

And since the Vector was straighter than I expected, I could definitely see myself rocking the Axis/Vector combo. The Axis as my workhorse and the Vector to fly Axis-like lines into a headwind and for anything that needs a meaner finish. I've been planning on discing down soon anyways to work on pushing my putters and mids out further and really want to give these MVPs a good work out, so I might do a few weeks of just carrying the Ion, Vector, and Axis.