View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 09:53 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: RHBH
Yea It can be a bit mind boggeling to play the "what hole has more value" game when shuffling everything around like a puzzle. I have been trying to minimize carving out fairways which I work on and don't use for golf but it is kind of inevitable. It's hard to see things long to sometimes, particulary when your vision for the goal might kind of change mid stream. The good news is any unused disc golf fairways will become x country ski trails.

For example....you bring up hole two. Only this winter have I realized one of my goals is to have tournaments here. When I put in hole two I did it real quick, it didnt require much cutting and my thought was, get up the hill as quick as possible. Well after I realized I was trying to make the place tourney ready i started taking a much closer look at my buffers for tee pads, greens, and fairways. This is one place that will need adjustment though the only real labor involved in the new hole 2 is I'm going to dig a hiking trail which will take me 10-20 hours (possibly soon between snow melt and bugs). Besides that I only have to cut two or three trees.

I think you will like the new spot. It enables 1 to slide up the creek, away from the finall hole (buffers). It is a slightly shorter steep pitch up by just a few feet but the gap is also slightly smaller. The basket can be placed in a viewable spot like in the video for a easier hole or moved left 40 feet to make it a trickier hyzer.

BTW not necessarily going for a championship leval coure. I would like a tourney ready one but to me it's much more important that it be well designed, ballenced, feedback driven, geared for a certain skill level (hopefully in two seperate segments like I mentioned), while ballenicng fun across the skil levels as appropriately as possible. Other goals are to stay in harmony with the immediate environment. IE....don't encroach on the neighbors, selective wood lot management, different functionalities through different seasons...ect.

Last edited by Menacewarf; 03-13-2013 at 09:56 AM.