View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 08:00 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: LHFH
Finally a video of my form. Self conscious as I thought it would look totally different than it does...
Looks like I'm rolling my wrist over A LOT, and very little follow through. Or is what looks like my wrist rolling over due to the nature of the power grip? Humpf

I also couldn't really edit the video, I would've liked to have down a slow-mo version, but without a desktop I'm limited to what I can do on my phone and iPad...sorry fellas

http://youtu.be/grji5QGVrl4

Next thing I noticed while throwing my fairways/mids was disc flutter. I didn't notice any with my max D drivers, but a ton with the slower discs. I tried all of the different sidearm grips I could think of thinking it could be related to not getting a clean release, same flutter.
I thought maybe it wasn't getting enough snap or spin so I focused on the "hit" or the snap with my wrist. Same flutter
Even at almost 0 arm speed and just wrist snap still flutter. Which leads me to believe it might be a serious case of OAT?
Even seriously focusing on keep everything flat and on the same plane, could not get rid of the flutter.
Any ideas, suggestions or things to try?

Thanks in advance for any and all critique/help. I threw so much yesterday evening in the field my arm is sore today.