Old 03-19-2013, 10:08 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 2.9
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via Skype™ to samfoy
Small hands

I am a large man. I have small hands.

I didn't always notice that I had small hands. One day I'm sitting in Calculus class and the teacher is teaching. She looks at me for a second and suddenly stops teaching. She says, "Sam, you have really small hands."

I laugh it off, but I'm sitting there thinking, "Do I really?"

"No, I mean, they're like girl's hands. They are really tiny."

Anyway, the point is that I have tiny hands, and I'm beginning to realize that it is negatively impacting my disc golfing. Basically, I can throw eagles 30-40 feet farther than Destroyers, Halos, et. al.

I use a modified fan grip/fork grip whatever you want to call. The "Climo Grip". I just can't get a secure enough grip on large rimmed discs to consistently get an efficient transfer of energy to the disc.

Is there a solution to this that doesn't handicap my distance potential? Are there other grips that I should look at? Have others dealt with this problem?

I suppose this is something lots of female disc golfers must deal with, but I don't know too many who throw terribly far.

As far as more info goes, I've found that speed 10 discs are about as much as I can comfortably grip. Occasionally I'll manage to get a good rip on a wide rimmed disc, but I haven't been able to do so with any consistency.