Thread: [MVP] MVP Shock
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 01:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 43
Throwing Style: RHBH
Hah, first they're too flippy, now they're too beefy. Fickle bunch

Just playing around. I really like these new Shocks and think they pair with the Volt much better than the FR's. I see a distinct difference between them and my XXX's though, but I'm also throwing either of those two discs on 375' holes with a hyzer release so maybe they just fly way beefier for people throwing them closer to 300'. Either way my Shocks get me further with less effort than a XXX.

We've been having windy weather the past two weeks and the Shock has been the workhorse of my bag. I think I've been throwing it for about 50% of my drives at my home course the last few rounds. Definitely holding the line in any crosswind or headwind for me, fh or bh, thrown flat or hyzer.

This is roughly what I was expecting for their first driver, maybe a hair less OS, e.g. speed 9 Vector. I'm extremely pleased with this disc and the Volt either way. The Volt is the only disc I felt could compete against my beat to perfection 1.1 QOLF when new that I've tried, and the Shock is the perfect windy day workhorse driver for me, a bit more OS than a fresh 1.2 QOLF but still enough glide to get more D than my OS driver the XXX.

I had originally planned to drop OLFs all winter, then put them head to head against MVP's drivers in the spring after I got a chance to get used to them, but anymore I feel like I don't need to. Most OLF's start a bit less overstable than the new Shocks, so as soon as I beat one in I'd find overlap. Still gonna compare them just for fun but I don't currently miss the mold that was in my bag the longest. Even if those shiny max weight SOLFs at PIAS looked tempting...