View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 10:38 AM
Chaw Man

Years Playing: 23.3
Courses Played: 38
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastic cannon View Post
I picked up a 175 old run pink Shock, and man is that thing understable. I would really like to get a hold of a new run shock and see the difference.
Unless you got a freak one (which happens) the old run Shocks aren't really truly understable...at least, not like the Amp, IMO. You probably have more power than me (that's not hard) so you're likely seeing a lot more turn that I do....for me, the old run Shocks have a decent amount of turn, but that hard fade still has them finishing to the left for me. It's a great utility fairway for me, akin to my trusty old Eagles, and I use them and my Patriot for most line shaping shots. I still love the Volt, but it has slightly less turn and definetly not the same level of hard fade.

The new Shocks, on the other hand, are truly overstable. I can crank on them as hard as I can (again, low-power player here) and see nary a degree of turn, but still that hard fade. I sued to think the Volt fought the wind well, but the new Shocks take much more headwind and sidewind without flipping. They aren't a monster wind-eater like a XXX, but I say they fight the wind just as good, if not better, than a Teebird.

I definetly reccomend picking up a new run as a speciality or even utility driver, depending on your skill level.