Thread: Crit me form.
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 12:10 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Thought I'd post a little update.

I played two rounds last weekend taking out my x-step and any run up. It was pretty bad. It messed up my timing something fierce and with a reach back from a standstill I kept over rotating and pulling my shot right.

I did break down put my x-step back in on the next round but I kept it very slow. Didn't shoot that much better. Tough outing. And since then I've developed a nasty case of OAT. I'm turning over everything. Everything is just out of wack.

So today I go do some field work and I'm still turning over stuff. When I do the right pec drill it comes out nice and straight but when I add any reach back, timing and rotating go to crap.

After about an hour I was trying to hyzer flip my Fuse and River since they were showing my bad form the most. I was trying to get them to go straight. I don't know what made me try this but I've been bouncing back and forth between a power grip and the climo grip. I've been using the climo grip 95% of the time the last 6 months since I discovered it but had been playing with the power grip since I'm reworking my throw anyway.

Out of frustration I just decided to forget everything and just throw for a bit and for some reason I moved my thumb. I usually keep it more towards the edge of the rim. I moved it inwards about an inch to an inch and a half. Suddenly no OAT and I'm throwing laser beams. I had a lot more control and that thumb more out on the faceplate kept the disc level and/or made it easier to keep it on the line I was trying to release on.

Suddenly my old favorite disc, my Avenger SS, is flying straight again. It had become my roller disc because I could not throw it without turning it over. So, it seems some of my problem is good ol' fashion OAT. I'm going to try to get some video this weekend of the different thumb placement to see the difference.

On another note I also started to cock my wrist just a hair when I reach back. Helps keep the disc on the line and keeps it close to my chest. I can also feel the disc better if that makes sense. Going to play a few round tomorrow after work. Can't wait to see how I throw.