View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 04:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.2
Courses Played: 366
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by mashnut View Post
Here's one of Will's drives that shows some wobble. Watch the disc right before he releases, there's a little bit of change in the wing angle during the hit and noticeable wobble out of his hand, though that might not be visible wobble at real speed.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Good stuff....thanks for digging this up. I had seen this before, but never watched it for OAT.

The throw at :41 does not appear to have any wrist roll/OAT....but plenty of wobble. I see the same amount of flight plate from when the disc comes across his body until the disc leaves his hand

1:13 has no wrist roll/OAT. If anything, there is a slight bobble to the hyzer as the disc is ripping out.

1:41 has a little bit of wrist roll and it is an anhyzer angle of release.....but there is not enough evidence whether the continued anny flight is caused solely by the angle of his wrist at release or the rotation of his wrist during release.

My argument in this thread is that it is all about the essentially static angle of the wrist at release and an minuscule at best affect due to vertical speed imparted to the edge of the disc (cause by wrist and/or arm and/or back motion) at the release. Not saying that I am completely right, but this very cool video does not do much to change my mind.