View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 12:43 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 18
When I started playing disc golf almost 12 years ago it was great. Everyone on the course was really helpful and accepting. I took a few years of and when I came back I was really disappointed at how much things had changed. I throw better than at least 60% of the people out there so I'm not looking for tips but the general attitude of folks is pretty bad. We're talking no calling four on an errant shot, not waiting for the other players to finish out holes, playing in big groups and not letting smaller groups play through. You name it. Guess that's why people at one of my courses are called the shady folks from shady oaks. Hell, I have friends that live up the hill and won't come down to play cause of this kinda scene. So my solution has been to get to the courses first thing in the morning, enjoy my nice peaceful round with a couple buds and head home un frustrated (unless I threw like crap).
Stick with it and I guarantee you'll find cool people to play with but disc golf is getting popular and with popularity comes douchebagery.