View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 01:58 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 104
Throwing Style: RHBH
Guess it just depends on the personalities of different folks. A brand new guy without any discs showed up for our jungle round Wednesday night. We only had 5 so we played doubles. He got paired with our best player, so it was really even. All 5 of us show him pointers throughout the whole round and let him throw 3-4 times per hole if needed. Some may say we touch him inappropriately by lining up his hips and shoulders and such... but he was receptive. Sure... walked in front of folks putting, but we knew what we were getting into. We had to teach course etiquette as well.

At the end, I gave him a ride home and 5 discs from my trunk full. I hope we have a new disciple. I've only been playing a year myself now, but I have an addictive personality and was an avid ball golfer and tossed a frisbee a lot as kid.. so I picked up the concepts easily and now I play tournaments every weekend. The locals here have helped me tremendously.

So... come on over to Jefferson City, MO and meet folks eager to help out the newbies. Our club has exploded from 30+ members to nearly 100 this past year!