View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 01:18 PM
Eagle Member

Hang in there. There are a lot of reasons more seasoned players are maybe a bit cliqueish and might not readily offer help. For one, a lot of guys have been playing together for a long time, so it's just natural that they are friends and gravitate toward one another. Also, many people might feel uncomfortable dishing out suggestions either because they don't feel like they themselves are good enough to hold forth on the subject. Some do offer good advice spontaneously, but I've found that most just play their own game.

The answer to both these things is to keep playing leagues and minis and hang out with the golfers you think are fun to hang out with. Most of them will probably be better than you at this point (I've been playing for almost 2 years and most of the people I play with are probably better than me), so you can see which shots they throw and what discs they use. Also, just ask them specific questions about what they'd do, and they'll probably answer.

Just play with people who are fun to play with, and ask them questions. Really though, in the end you can learn from any golfer, good or bad. You'll also most likely just get better with time if you're even only partially focused on how best to learn and play the game.