View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 02:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 94
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypaws View Post
Seeing as I play a lot of 1 disc rounds, don't play competitively, and don't have a sweet bag full of premium plastic, am I a chucker?
ODW: One disc wonder. Any unscrupulous behavior on your part quickly places you in ODD territory though, so be careful. (ODD already defined in this thread).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddedcoconut View Post
I dont mean to come off as a jerk here. But come on, man up to it and do something to change it. Introduce yourself and explain the flow of the game and invite them to a casual league or doubles night. Explain some things that they dont know and how they can affect other people that might be out on the course with them. Why is it that people just want to cry and get mad about certain things but then never do anything to change them? Understand that people play the game for different reasons and thats ok. The courses are in public parks, not your private property. Everybody has a right to be there, man up and do something about it. As long as you are pleasant than people will be receptive. I thought disc golf wasn't supposed to be elitist? jesus christ.....
Most people don't want to "man up" (way to use elitist, chauvinistic language) during their leisure time, can't fault them for that. Plus, it's kind of hard to confront a pack of shirtless drunk dudes if you're by your lonesome. Besides, it's disc golf, not rocket science. Chuckers should be able to figure out common courtesy and safety rationale if they put their sixer of Shock Top down and think about it for a second. I guess we should man up and tell people not to litter, throw feces into the streets or drive over the speed limit too but in the end stupid's gonna be stupid regardless.