View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 11:28 PM
Chaw Man

Years Playing: 23.3
Courses Played: 39
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddedcoconut View Post
I dont mean to come off as a jerk here. But come on, man up to it and do something to change it. Introduce yourself and explain the flow of the game and invite them to a casual league or doubles night. Explain some things that they dont know and how they can affect other people that might be out on the course with them. Why is it that people just want to cry and get mad about certain things but then never do anything to change them? Understand that people play the game for different reasons and thats ok. The courses are in public parks, not your private property. Everybody has a right to be there, man up and do something about it. As long as you are pleasant than people will be receptive. I thought disc golf wasn't supposed to be elitist? jesus christ.....
Despite your efforts, you did come off as ajerk. Obviously you didn't read my earlier post. I have tried plenty of times to introduce these people to the game, and been plenty polite about it, and they have blown me off and figuratively spat in my face. I am TDing a Vibram Birdie Bash...I told them all before I even applied to tin it...they didn't sign up and I sold put. Then they begged for me to open up more spots....I did, despite the fact that my city permit gave a set number of participants. They did not sign up, and I sold out again. Now they are asking if we have open spots (we don't.)

I have asked them to play our League (they cant, its a different course) Ive asked them to play our doubles night (they cant, they don't know anybody...apparently I'm nobody) I invited them to our Ice Bowl that had a Rec and a Novice Division and all the proceeds went to charity (they couldn't, it was too cold)

So don't presume that I am just some ******* being offended. If I bend over backward to help you, to teach you the game, and you look me in the eye and more or less say f**k you, I do what I want...f**k your rules and f**k your safety and fun and enjoyment...then yeah, you're a chucker, and I don't like you.