Thread: Millenium Astra
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 03:15 AM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psicko View Post
BCDan- for people like you and me, higher speed discs do not equate to much further distance when comparing the astra(archon) to your valkarie or beat in orc. The problem with faster discs is that they generally are more nose sensitive and in my experience i cannot get the same accuracy of a speed 12 disc than I get with a speed 9 or even speed 7. I throw on average a little bit further than you. I throw my speed 7 discs only a bit shorter than a high speed driver due to technique and nose angle issues, but my accuracy with a high speed driver is worse. I may throe it farther, but it usually ends farther from where i want it to go. I get better scores with my fairway drivers and my speed 9 drivers than i do with the highspeed drivers. I say you should work on technique and learn to get the discs you own out further with better accuracy.
We'll I'm going to get some lightweight (166 grams) Millennium Plastic Astras and find out. My Valkyries are around 170 grams and champion plastic.

The lower weight combined with the Millenium plastic will get me further distance I'm hypothesizing. I suppose I could get pro valkyries in lightweight, but this is fun and the disc might be perfect for a couple specific holes I have in mind.

I'll report my findings. Two holes I think it can excel on are a slight uphill hole, and an extrem downhill hole.