View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 06:07 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddedcoconut View Post
I dont mean to come off as a jerk here. But come on, man up to it and do something to change it. Introduce yourself and explain the flow of the game and invite them to a casual league or doubles night. Explain some things that they dont know and how they can affect other people that might be out on the course with them. Why is it that people just want to cry and get mad about certain things but then never do anything to change them? Understand that people play the game for different reasons and thats ok. The courses are in public parks, not your private property. Everybody has a right to be there, man up and do something about it. As long as you are pleasant than people will be receptive. I thought disc golf wasn't supposed to be elitist? jesus christ.....
I try to explain the sport to newbies when I come across them on the course, most don't want to hear it though. The ones that can't be reached, those are chuckers, they are probably hopeless and nothing I say can change that until they are ready to listen. Not every new player is a chucker, not every chucker is a new player. Some people are content with eternal mediocracy.