View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 02:30 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 815
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmacka View Post
I suck. I'm stuck at 280' max, I can't play well in front of others, and I love my home course, a short 18 holes built on an old auto wrecking yard. I am restless and chatty, and assume people I meet are the same. On a good day I'll stay out and throw until sundown.

I troll for rounds with dg'ers all day long. My goal is to set a tone at my course. Welcome to new friends, respect boundaries of folks who seek solitude or are on a date, etc. I strive to lead without preaching by packing out, picking up butts (I honestly try to carry a Baggie around for this), and shoveling snow off pads when I can.

I'll go for beers mid saturday at the local pub if I'm getting along we'll, and I rarely pass on offers of hospitality. But I still suck.

What d'ya call that?
Skill has very little to do with chucker status. I've seen chuckers who can only throw 100', and chuckers who can throw 400'. If you respect the course and the other people on it, and it sounds like you certainly do, you don't have to worry about being a chucker.