View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 02:44 PM

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Yeah, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one perplexed by disc golf's secret society. I've been getting all the tips I can from this site but I joined my first tourny about a month ago(just a charity event) hoping to meet some players that I might be able to hit up for a casual game here and there. I mentioned to my group on the first round that it was my first tournament and I really should have just kept my mouth shut. Let's just say it wasn't so easy to stike up conversation after that and they got a little annoyed when I simply asked questions about etiquette. Don't get me wrong, there were some nice guys but I was pretty much ignored by others. I'm just as addicted as the rest of you and I want to get heavily involved and plan on joining my local league. Maybe I'll have a different experience with them. The point of my post is, i refuse to be one of those dbags and I'm all about making new friends. If anybody in the Greensboro NC area is feeling the same way, hit me up for a round and we can let those grumps keep their secret handshake. I'm always up for a round and we can get better together. You can always learn from others. Even if they're less experienced.