View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 03:29 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prafeston View Post
When I first started playing I only had a few friends that really played and they never wanted to play as much as I did, so this meant I was on the course by myself. The good think about playing alone is that you are faster than the groups. So one of the first times I was on the course I caught up to a group of local pros and when they said I could play through I just asked if I could hang with them and try to pick up some things as I was a new player and could use all the help I could get. After a couple rounds with those guys I was seeing lines and throws I had never thought of or seen before. Maybe I just got lucky with some guys that didn't mind letting a new person into the group, but I'd say go out by your self and see how you can't catch up to...watch them as you are getting closer and closer and see if they look like they are any good. If they seem like they know what they are doing see if they don't mind you hanging with them the rest of the round.
couldnt agree more with this. i play single a lot and if i come up on a small group(2-3) or single that I observe are good ill ask to just join up with them.Always more fun to play with other.
I dont ask to join groups of 4 or more unless i see there are more big groups in front of them that will jam me up if i try to pass the first big group. those days I just join into the big group, have a smoke on every teepad and know that its gonna be a 3 hour round.