View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 10:34 AM
Suffers from Delusions of Grandeur

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 134
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuajames View Post
Westside didn't put out discs that were way outside PDGA specs.
every company does this regularly. Discraft pumps out way overweight discs daily. Innova sends out discs that are different molds than their stamp. This whole up to pDGA spec BS is something that fired up this past winter.
when Lat64 came out no one cared, so they didnt get hounded about it. Lat64 is still the only company that you have to be extremely aware of the PLH. I can grab 26 OLF 1.1s right now and the PLH on all of them are near identical. I can grab 4 flows and all are different. but thanks to them we all learned a great deal about PLH effects.
Quote:
Westside has put out only circular discs, no ovals.
youre right on this one. once again they need to slow the rush down.
Quote:
Westside doesn't have the 1980's hypercolor pink pigments in their discs.
is there something wrong with that? or is this in regards to the UV thing?
Quote:
Westside didn't fuel a "game changing" hype machine with pros, forums, social media, and the tears of unicorns.
I'm not giving Westside or Lat a pass. But raking Prodigy across the hot coals has all to do with Prodigy and nothing to do with other manufacturers.
no one is saying other manufacturers have to deal with Prodigy's stumbles. what we are saying is that the other manufacturers are not perfect either, they just had less scrutiny on them while they figured it out.
and yes i agree that their marketing strategy was tackless, but who brand gets talked about more these days?