View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 08:33 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHFH
Just voted for the first time, wish I had gotten into the action earlier! BIG thanks to Menacewarf for setting this up. Here's my two cents for next year: I do like an equal number of each type (putter, mid, fairway, distance driver) but I think if we put too much in to the voting and seeding it will make the bracket less fun. Seeding and voting are important for the NCAA because an actual game is taking place, but it is kind of silly to have a popularity contest precede what is essentially a popularity contest. Plus in basketball (and other sports) teams can be better or worse year to year, but we are voting on the all-time opinion of the disc, so the people's feelings for a roc or TeeBird isn't going to change much year to year. The only real factors are who votes, how many people, and maybe if a new mold can make a splash. Don't get me wrong, I love the bracket, but if it was seeded perfectly, there wouldn't be any upsets, right? I think it would almost be more fun if we took a random sample of discs, threw them into a bracket, and then voted. You might get a matchup equivalent to two 1 seeds facing off in the first or second round, but it would be way harder to predict what happens and each year the chance of a different outcome would be greater. Plus you wouldn't have people arguing over whether a popular mold should be a 1,2, or 3 seed. Disc selection wouldn't really be that important, you could seed them based on whatever the order is you pull the name out of a hat, and then people might actually have more fun voting for their favorite especially if you get a totally bizarre, less popular disc matchup in a later round. Just a thought. Don't flame, I'm not hating on this format, just trying to think of ways to keep it interesting year to year. You could even do it my way too in addition to this format. Think of it as the NIT