View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 04:14 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joner11 View Post
Okay thanks! Tangent is understable mid correct? And Axis is like a Buzzz? And Vector like a Wasp?
on midrange throws it neutral, if you power it up, it becomes a little understable.

My favorite MVP discs are:

Fairways:
Shock, predator like overstable disc, good wind fighter for windy days, will break in very nicely. Thrown flat with power it will fly straight with NO turn at all and then after 50-60% of flight a sweeping fade and on lower lines has GREAT skips.
Volt, great all around fairway driver for MANY types of throws.. my favorite go-to fairway driver.

Midrange:
Vector, people say its a roc, but some of my early run vectors are even more overstable. Fights moderate winds easily.
Axis, amazing slightly overstable disc like a straighter buzzz, powered up goes straight and BOMBS farther than its speed would suggest. I mainly use it for straight throws i want to go farther than my tangent.
Tangent, its a neutral to slightly understable disc, like a comet with less glide and more wind resistance (it has great wind resistance for a neutral disc, imo). You can power it up on ANY line and it will hold it all the way to the ground. holds long forward penetrating hyzers. AMAZING disc and fun to use because you can control it so well if you have good form.

Putters:
Ion, this is the only putter i use (It replaced my Challengers and Magnets). Similar to a wizard. its a slightly over-stable putter with a bead. it dumps better when it gets to the basket than an Anode, so if you miss its not going to fly past and leave you with a harsh recovery putt to make. More wind resistance than the Anode on putts and drives.

Many people like the Anode because its so straight flying point and shoot, but i prefer a more stable putter for reliability in more conditions.