View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 04:55 PM
Plastic Counselor

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 103
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by knettles View Post
Ya, I'm pretty sure chrishysell has it backwards. Moving your thumb towards the middle of the flate plate is how you do an air bounce. Which is basically a super nose up throw. Plus, whenever I keep my thumb on the rim, I rarely have nose up problems.

Not trying to start an argument, and chrishysell does have way more experience than me. However, for me, thumb on rim = nose down, and thumb on flight plate = nose up.
Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

It has to do with pressure. Thumb back and no pressure would cause a stall out nose up like flight where if you look at a max D drive from someone like avery or jerm they have their hand and thumb ontop of the disc a lot more with a lot of pressure. Works vise-versa though where tons of pressure on the edge of the disc can make for noise down but you loose some power as less force can be put into the flight plate where it is more firm thus creating a larger virtual axis for the disc to spin off of.

Both are right really depending on the pressure given with the them.