Thread: [Prodigy] Prodigy Premium Plastic
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 10:21 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddmatt18 View Post
Everyone giving prodigy **** about the naming convention of the discs is pretty weak in my opinion. Do you want a new company that's trying to differentiate themselves from the market to continue down the path as every other competitor. The entire "campaign" from what I've seen from prodigy is simple/sleek. I'm not a prodigy fanboy I'm just being objective. I know the plastic feels pretty good and I'll give them a shot just as I do every other company. And I have yet to pay over $16 for any prodigy disc as well, although I've only bought a D1,D4, and two M4's.
If it's confusing even the members of their own team, you don't see how that's a problem? If the naming convention were so sleek and simple, there would be no such confusion. Period.

It's not a problem for the well informed follower of dg news on the internet, it's a problem for Prodigy when it cuts into their bottom line. If somebody is looking for a D4, but ends up with a D1 by mistake, they're likely not to be very satisfied with the product.

I hope Prodigy works out--I want to see companies shake things up and open up new areas for disc golf. But Prodigy really needs to get its act together.