View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 08:07 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowLegs View Post
Hazy Shade in Dayton is a great store. They let you putt for a discount on each premium disc you buy. Seemed like good guys.

The PIAS in the Tri-County area of Cincinnati has a decent selection. Mostly Innova and Discraft, but I did find a couple of Evo Wizards for under $10 each.

I know there's a pro shop at Mt. Airy in Cincinnati as well, but I have not been to it.
Hazy Shade is my local store. They're located in the Belmot region of Dayton literally a minute from Belmont DGC. They have an amazing assortment of discs from all the major manufacturers (and some not so major ones). Yes, they have a putting area where you can try out discs or just come in to practice. During the winter, they hold a weekly putting league. They are currently in the process of moving to a larger location just down the road. I'm told the new putting area will be as big as the current location's entire showroom.

I've been to the pro shop at Mt Airy a couple of times. It's called The Nati an it's small but they have an impressive selection for their size. Plus the building is beautiful. Some sort of old style cottage (I know nothing about architecture). Their added outdoor amenities are great - a large net for driving practice, a large putting area, and a second practice basket for upshots. And you can't beat the fact that its directly on the Mt. Airy course, one of the most beautifully maintained courses I've had the pleasure to play.