View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 09:30 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 167
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyLove View Post
This is the answer I think I was looking for. Pro/Advanced played one course and Int/Rec/Women played the other before switching. If the unofficial rating are only using the propagators for that round only, it makes sense that the 62 shot by the better players would be rated much higher than the 62 shot by the lower players.

This is why the rounds MUST be averaged! Several ratings will go up and some will go down when the tourney goes official I suspect.
No, that wasnt the answer you were looking for. When pool A played Course A they played it differently than when Pool B played Course A. Plain and simple.

Basically, the average round = the average rating of the players that played. There are a ton of factors that can make 1 round rate different than the other. I could probably think of a 1000 small things that could affect a morning to afternoon round. Who knows, if everything is equal, players just might play better in the morning or evening.

But any ways, here is your answer. It is quite simple.
-------------------------
Each round of a tournament is rated, initially, individually. Many factors affect the rating and play of a round. These are unofficial ratings. Then the TD decides what rounds were played in similar conditions / layouts.

The TD looks at all the final factors and reports what rounds are to be rated together or separate on the TD report for the official ratings.