View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 06:01 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 93
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgkdisc View Post
There can never be two rounds played on the same layout by the same players in the same conditions. Even if that were possible, there would still be natural statistical variance so the Unofficial ratings would not come out the same for the same score. Recognize that it really doesn't matter much if the scores are averaged so everyone gets the same official rating for the same score (which we usually do) because the average of each player's two ratings would end up the same either way. But we average them because we get more complaints when official ratings have different ratings for the same score.
So to be 100% clear... when the TD submits the official results and in the notes describes the same conditions for both round, these will be put together (averaged) so that the same score on the same course will be rated the same?

That is all I was trying to figure out. I totally understand how the Unofficial rated would yield completely different results based on the skills of the players involved. Currently there is a 15 point discrepancy... so I'm guessing just as the lower rated round moving up will make someone happy, the higher rated round potentially moving down will make someone sad.

To me, it only makes sense to have them rated the same at some point all things being equal.

THANKS CHUCK!