View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 11:00 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.4
Courses Played: 366
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyLove View Post
Perhaps this will be fixed later as it seems every tournament I play in has post tournament adjustments... or is there some other factor that I'm not aware of like who you're playing with during that round at work here? Maybe the TD failed to note the course difference in the results? I don't think this is it, because I can see that a 62 on the South course in the morning was a 951.

Just curious...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeverett View Post
That just comes down to overall sample size, though. One anomalous (good) round in a pool of 10 players may have a significant effect on the round ratings, but as sample size increases the effect gets smaller and smaller (as well as eventually cancelled out by anomalous (bad) rounds.

Also, players need to have at least 8 prior rated rounds in order to count as propagators for the SSA calculation, further diminishing the chances of them suddenly putting up a round 100 points above their rating. Statistically, ~90% of the time players shoot within +/- 30 of their rating.
jeverett's post is what popped into my mind when I read your OP.

How many players were at your event?

You probably don't/can't know this exactly, but how many PDGA "regulars" were there (those are the most likely propagators)?