View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 11:25 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by holotone View Post
If it's Neutron, it's almost certainly medium. If it's Proton, it'll say 'soft' on the stamp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBells View Post
That's true for all the newer proton but the older protons didn't have that...they were marked with an S on the outer ring in silver ink if they were soft. I was confused about that for a long time, I had a bunch of older proton ions that felt like softs but didn't have the soft stamp, now I know.
Thanks for clearing that up, as I have seen some "soft" Anodes on the shelf at the local DG shop and they did not have "soft" stamped on them. But it was easy to tell they were indeed a run of "soft" Anodes just from the feel.

I have my own trusty Anode at home and it has "Soft" stamped on it and I have had it for quite a while. I would have guessed (incorrectly?) the opposite of what you posted BlueBells, just making an assumption. I assumed the store had newer ones than mine, so new ones were no longer marked. But it sounds like the store may be sitting on some older runs that were not marked. Interesting, thanks.