View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 11:30 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumber View Post
I started out with an eagle as my driver and they still nest in my bag....great disc
^^^ This times 1000! Last Friday was literally the first time that there was not an Eagle in my bag. The only reason the Eagles got left in the trunk was because I wanted to force myself to throw my 3 new MVP fairways more, and work on using a Teebird for thumbers. The Eagle is one of the most versatile discs ever created. I used it when I started playing and threw only Thumber and sidearm. After a 9 year layoff I'm starting over and learning backhand, and my new Star Eagle and old 11x Champ Eagle are still among my most used discs. As I said they're easy to throw any way you want, and work well in any reasonable wind. . Others have mentioned the Teebird and Buzzz, and I'd give both of those thumbs up as well! I've just started throwing both in the last 8 months, and they're staples for me now. Don't buy the Champ Teebird yet. It's taken me a long time and a good number of thumbers to start to season the one I bought last September. Buy a couple DX's, and hold off a little while on the Champ. I also really like my MVP Anode. It really taught me to throw with snap, as it won't go far without it. . One final piece of advice (that I'm only starting to heed myself). Don't run out and buy every disc that people here rave about. Buy discs that people are STILL raving about a year or more after they're released (Eagle, Teebird, Buzzz, Roc, Wizard and Axis spring to mind). It's kind of funny to go back and read the original Groove thread, and watch the love turn to hatred and despair over time. Also, once you've bought a disc don't buy a competitor too soon. I bought a Comet shortly after buying a Fuse, and now the Fuse sits in my trunk and gathers dust. It was a really good disc, I just never took the time with it that I should have. Too bad really, as it wears my best dye job to date.