Old 05-11-2013, 07:44 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 34.7
Courses Played: 81
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
My typical drives during a match are 300-320, with the occasional 350. My official max d is 380. But I'd like to increase my typical drives to 350+.

I've been using 135g Katatas as my main driver. I throw them low and level, during the flight they go very straight, take a very slight fade to the right and end with a slight fade back to the left.

I almost feel I could get more distance with this disc if I throw it with a slight anny and make a large s-curve, but when I try this I don't get as much power in the throw. But for shots less than 300, those s-curves come in handy.

Fwiw, I keep a variety of weights in the kit, heavier for head wind, lighter for tail wind. They all give very similar results.

I tend to stick with a disc for a long period of time, so I've been throwing this disc for about 6 months now and I think it might be time to try something new. Just wondering if there's another disc I should be researching that might give me another 30-50ft? Thanks for any advice.
I don't have any advice for you, I thought that comment was funny. I have discs in my bag that's been there for over 20 years.