View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 08:51 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 102
Throwing Style: LHFH
I submitted early so I'll make another post. The bag is great. I can't wait to get it on the course and start breaking it in.

One more basic:
-The side pockets will hold either water or discs. Right now, the disc pocket is very tight when putting in a putter. I'm sure it'll stretch a little with use. I could fit my powder keg of Chucker's Chalk in the outside side pocket with a putter in the inside pocket. I wouldn't try to fit a larger cylinder than that, but I could fit my wallet in there if I wanted.

Overall it's an amazing bag. It's not perfect, but I don't think any bag could ever be.

Wish list:
-I would love a Gorilla Boy bottle pocket on each side so you could store discs and water, but the rest of the bag holds more discs than I will regularly carry so it's not an issue for me. As it is, the water bottles sit in the side pockets very securely. My worries are gone in that regard. My 32oz Nalgenes sit in to about the 700mL mark.
-I would also like a little more depth in the side zipper pockets. With the extra room from the water/disc pockets, I think they could grow the side pockets to make them a little more useful without killing the compact size. I will probably put my wallet and phone there as it is, and that will be it (they sit flat so height but no depth).
-The only other thing right now is that, when empty, the padding on the entire back, not the spots with extra padding, dug into my lower back making me worried about comfort. Once loaded, it wasn't an issue.

I don't know if I'll be able to get a video up before I leave, but I did want to get some initial thoughts down. Bring on the questions.