View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 05:33 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 1.8
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: LHBH
1. Valmont in Boulder is built on the site of an old car salvage lot. Lots of weird auto parts turn up out of the dirt after rain or snow. I found an old car speaker and the stereo console from an old Plymouth valiant. The stereo wasn't a "proper" brand like JVC or Sony, but was branded "Valiant" to match the car. I swear that I had walked past that spot before, but not noticed this weird find. There is a "shrine" full of weird pieces in the corner of the park, by hole 15. Mile high disc golf has some photos posted.

2. Last week we were wrapping up a round, and ran across a prairie dog INSIDE the fence, where they are absolutely forbidden, lest they dig up the athletic field. It took about 5 checkers to round him up, and show him out the gate. Occasionally he would splay himself flat, as if he were trying to dodge a hawk or something. We didn't touch him, as these guys are vectors for the plague, but we might have been able to grab him when he flattened out. He made it back to the colony, and we let him be. I hope he doesn't convince his buddies to dig new tunnels under the fence, and invade the casually manicured lawns.