View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 03:55 PM

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 6
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
Was my review too negative? I realized, watching it earlier today to make sure it uploaded correctly, that I barely mentioned any of what I liked about the bag. The last thing I want is people to watch it and think "so glad I didn't make that mistake". It really is a great bag, and I couldn't wait to refill and use mine after the round I spent with the Grip (not to take anything away from the bag - it was nice the round I used it).

I would love a handle, the two outside side pockets to be full length, and mini and pencil pockets added in place of the webbing on the front of the outside front pocket. While I would like a wider strap on the lumbar piece, I probably won't use it again until I go back to the mountains. That's going to be a while.

I really like your tongue clip idea. That would definitely keep it from sliding down onto the ground. I was thinking about using safety pins to keep the zippers in place.

I don't know how many discs you're planning to carry, but I actually have room for a fifth (almost a sixth) driver in the top slot. That puts 20 in the main compartment. That's competitive with the other bags in their class. Throw another four in the outside front pocket, and you're at 24. Implement your tongue solution, and that's two more to bring you to 26. That still leaves the inside front pocket for stuff. I honestly haven't had any problems using the top of the bag as a handle so it's probably not as big a deal as I made it out to be. They might as well omit the school backpack handle they have now though.
I didn't think it was too negative. The fact that you bought it is positive in itself.

Safety pins would work for keeping the zippers up, I just like the more professional look that snap buckles would give it and also ease of quickly unclipping to get to the bottom discs more easily. I really like dedicated water bottle pockets but I think you're idea would work, not sure if they plan to modify the design at all though. I'm with you, I prolly won't use the lumbar pad much but it would be nice to have something functional there when I could use it.

The capacity of it doesn't worry me at all. Heck, right now I'm carrying a Fade Crunch Box packed with 16 total discs. I would like something to carry a few more, but more importantly a place to store a change of clothes for when playing after work.